- RSS Channel Showcase 9933646
- RSS Channel Showcase 9948846
- RSS Channel Showcase 7528805
- RSS Channel Showcase 7288202
Articles on this Page
- 06/19/14--10:36: _Artists Brings Your...
- 06/19/14--11:52: _25 iPhone Apps That...
- 06/23/14--07:26: _9 Completely Accura...
- 06/23/14--09:47: _33 Google Searches ...
- 06/23/14--10:19: _This Rescued Dog's ...
- 06/23/14--11:18: _17 Heartfelt Confes...
- 06/23/14--13:42: _32 Dogs That Are Mo...
- 06/23/14--15:10: _50 Things A "Yo" Ca...
- 06/24/14--10:37: _Real Estate In Cent...
- 06/24/14--12:13: _27 Sexts That Are B...
- 06/24/14--14:09: _These Photos Of Pau...
- 06/24/14--15:40: _If All Of Your Ex-B...
- 06/25/14--10:49: _24 Simple Facts Tha...
- 06/25/14--14:56: _Enid The Bunny Is C...
- 06/26/14--08:29: _23 Hot Guys You Did...
- 06/26/14--09:00: _Oh My Gosh, A Dachs...
- 06/26/14--09:56: _Proof That "Wings" ...
- 06/26/14--13:17: _What Guys' Astrolog...
- 06/27/14--13:22: _The 50 Happiest Ani...
- 06/27/14--13:57: _Maybe You Need This...
- 06/19/14--10:36: Artists Brings Your Favorite Characters To The Neighbourhood Watch
- 06/19/14--11:52: 25 iPhone Apps That Could Change Your Life
- 06/23/14--07:26: 9 Completely Accurate Crappy Charts That Explain Having A Crush
- 06/23/14--09:47: 33 Google Searches That Will Leave You Feeling Existential
- 06/23/14--10:19: This Rescued Dog's Amazing Transformation Will Make You Feel Things
- 06/23/14--13:42: 32 Dogs That Are More You Than You Even Are
- 06/23/14--15:10: 50 Things A "Yo" Can Mean
- 06/24/14--10:37: Real Estate In Central America Compared To Real Estate In New York
- 06/24/14--12:13: 27 Sexts That Are Better Than The Real Thing
- 06/25/14--10:49: 24 Simple Facts That Will Make You Feel Better About People
- 06/25/14--14:56: Enid The Bunny Is Cooler Than Anyone You Know
- 06/26/14--08:29: 23 Hot Guys You Didn't Know Were Vegan
- 06/26/14--13:17: What Guys' Astrological Signs Really Say About Them
- 06/27/14--13:22: The 50 Happiest Animals In The Entire World
- 06/27/14--13:57: Maybe You Need This Cute Guy Playing Keyboard With His Kittens
Andrew Lamb kept coming across these street signs in Toronto that had faded, leaving a “perfect blank framed canvas.” He decided to start making them awesome.
Andrew Lamb started this charmingly simple street art project in the summer of 2012, drawing on characters from his childhood — "superheroes, crime fights, or just all around do-gooders." He told BuzzFeed "I like to think of it as a public fountain of youth that pushes you into childhood memories and nostalgia which in turn, hopefully makes people happy."
The Goonies are looking out for you.
Marge Gunderson has your back.
Turner AND Hooch.
There are too many silly apps to choose from, but these are actually super useful.
Their favs > everything else in your life.
"Hey, I'm going to bed..."
LOLOLOL, yeah right.
Summer Anne Burton
Any physical contact beyond hug and you will literally burst into flames.
Summer Anne Burton
It's a very direct correlation.
(and any day where they get too close is one of the worst days of your life)
Summer Anne Burton
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANONYMOUS TURNED ON.
(the chart for old Myspace would just be one circle)
Summer Anne Burton
FEELINGS, those are the things that you will feel.
Meet Theo. After her owners moved away and left him behind a year ago, he got used to living on the streets.
But Hope For Paws intervened to rescue him and find him a new home. His amazing transformation will break your heart and then put it back together again.
The amazing, resilient, inspiring little Theo is available for adoption.
Hope For Paws
<3 <3 <3
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but also a lot sadder.
When you're in a long term relationship, "spending time together" can get creative...
Whisper App / Via bit.ly
Whisper App / Via bit.ly
And the "sex" can actually be pretty fun.
Whisper App / Via bit.ly
Whisper App / Via bit.ly
How are these dogs not myself?
This dog is you IRL.
When someone you don't know tries to fight with you.
When you see your BFF.
When you go back to where you used to play when you were a kid.
People can make fun of the new and deceptively simple app Yo all they want, but Yo contains multitudes .
1. Yo, I just downloaded this app.
2. Yo, I'm yo-ing everyone in my contacts who has Yo.
3. Yo, I guessed your username based on your Twitter handle, is this you?
4. Yo, I don't have your phone number so this will have to do.
5. Yo, you just told me to download Yo so here I am I guess — what is this?
6. Yo, I am testing Yo.
7. Yo, is this really all there is to it?
8. Yo, I hope you're in an important meeting and you left the ringer on your phone, that would be hilarious.
9. Yo, I want to send you the winky emoticon, but this is less obvious and weird.
10. Yo, I just saw you Instagram something so I know you're on your phone right now — YO!
11. Yo, I can't remember if I Yo'd you back the last time you Yo'd me so here's another Yo just in case.
12. Yo, you're standing right next to me — is this annoying yet?
13. Yo, I know everyone is making fun of Yo but you're with me and I appreciate that.
15. Yo, who is this?
16. Yo, you keep Yo'ing me and I don't even know who you are but FINE here's a Yo.
17. Yo, are you still on Yo or did you delete the app?
18. Yo, I'm drunk.
19. Yo, I just thought about your face.
20. Yo, I'm going to bed.
21. Yo, I just woke up.
22. Yo, we are talking about Yo right now.
23. Yo, thanks for listening.
24. Yo, can you call me please?
25. Yo, someone else Yo'd me and your name was just staring at me.
26. Yo, I was just wondering what you're doing right now and now I can answer that question with "looking at this Yo."
27. Yo, trying to make sure I don't just Yo one person all the time so Yo.
28. Yo, I wish we were better friends.
29. Yo, I have no other way to express my feelings right now other than this so Yo.
30. Yo, you just mentioned Yo on Facebook but I don't think you've replied to my last Yo yet, so... Yo?
31. Yo, this is a passive aggressive Yo because I actually think you're terrible but I don't want you to ever know that.
32. Yo, I just realized that I thought this username was someone else this entire time and I have no actual idea who you are.
33. Yo, this is the level of flirting I've resorted to.
34. Yo, my finger slipped when I was trying to Yo someone else I like-like.
35. Yo, can you believe this app received $1 million in funding?
36. Yo, should we invent an app?
37. Yo, I don't even know you that well but I'm starting to feel a connection due to the frequency with which you Yo me back.
38. Yo, I wish we were texting but I don't know how to say that.
39. Yo, please come over.
40. Yo, it's too late at night for any other form of communication.
41. Yo, I can't stop thinking about you.
42. Yo, you're my best friend.
43. Yo, are you awake?
44. Yo, you are very far away and it feels a little less far when I send you a Yo.
45. Yo, you just left and I already miss you.
46. Yo, you just complained about how no one ever Yos you and this was literally the least I could do.
47. Yo, you live far away and I miss you but not enough to send an email.
48. Yo, was your last Yo a meaningful Yo?
49. Yo, I really wish I could explain which kind of Yo this is.
50. Yo, all of the above.
Pack your bags…
Belize: Quaint mennonite style two bedroom house in the small town of Dangriga.
Yes, I do like McDonald’s.
You’d think that people would have had enough of silly love songs…
Just four days after she met Paul McCartney for the first time, photographer Linda Eastman showed up at the press launchof the Beatles new album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
John Pratt / Getty Images
Two years later, they were married.
C. Maher / Getty Images
Terry Disney / Getty Images
Keystone / Getty Images
The one who would only eat wet food…
The one who thought he was so funny and very occasionally was, but was mostly just trying really, really hard.
The one who would pretend to listen to you talk and then later when you mentioned something you'd been telling him about it would always become clear that he was never, ever actually listening.
The one who was so soft and warm and great but never seemed truly happy, and then you found out later that he was still in love with his ex.
The one who wrote you songs, checking a lifelong goal off of your bucket list, but then the songs were weird and terrible instead of sweet and heartfelt, and you wished you could take the check back.
Faith in humanity, restored.
1. Stubbs the cat is the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska. Every afternoon, Stubbs gets to go a restaurant and drink catnip-water out of a wineglass.
2. There's a biker gang that dedicates itself to fighting child abuse and making abused children feel safer.
3. The word "love" appears in The Beatles' songs a total of 613 times.
4. During the first World War, British and German soldiers declared a truce for Christmas, and even played impromptu soccer games in the trenches.
5. A 17-year-old girl named Jackie Mitchell was given a professional baseball contract in 1931 and then struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in an exhibition game.
6. Humans invented broccoli.
7. Last year, hundreds of volunteers formed a human wall to help protect endangered baby sea turtles and help them find their way to the ocean.
8. Guerrilla knitting, or "yarn bombing," is a thing.
9. The Nicest Place On The Internet exists.
10. In 1972, one of the Apollo 17 astronauts wrote his daughter's initials on the surface of the moon. The initials are still there and will probably be there for 50,000 years.
11. Legendary baseball manager Tony LaRussa has 17 cats.
This rabbit is the best Instagram follow you will make today.
Enid is so cool.
She only listens to jazz.
She doesn't own a TV.
All of her friends have weird, inexplicable jobs.
Making sacrifices for animals and your health is SO sexy.
Actor (Her) Joaquin Phoenix
"There were five kids and we literally screamed at our parents and said, ‘We are never going to eat meat again.’ Because we were on a boat, and they were catching fish, and they were throwing fish against the side of the boat in order to kill them, they are flopping around, so these kids, there were five of us, no there were four of us, one of them was pregnant with my younger sister, and it was undeniable that it was brutal, barbaric and horrible for us, and so we said that. I remember my mum not being to answer and we said, ‘Why didn’t you tell us that’s where meat came from?’ And she didn’t know what to say. I feel like I have this memory of seeing her crying."
Jason Merritt / Getty Images
Musician Andre 3000
"I cook the hell out of some spaghetti. It's a vegan spaghetti dish that I absolutely kill. It's textured soi protein meat, your tomato paste, your tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, garlic, a little cayenne pepper to add a little kick, my special spices. I make a hell of a great garlic bread as well - you get a French loaf, you put soy butter on it and garlic pieces. That's it! Put a good salad with it with lots of big olives, some oil and vinegar dressing: you're good! My son loves it. His friends love it."
Rick Diamond / Getty Images
Triathlete Brendan Brazier
"I first became vegan for health reasons, which for me translates to performance gains. Soon after I stopped eating meat I realized that there were many more reasons other than just health to be vegan. Aside from the health, environmental and animal welfare concerns, I also began to dislike the way in witch society views meat consumption. The slick marketing and complete removal of any thought that the ground-up, plastic wrapped piece of meat bought in a supermarket was recently an animal walking around in a field, not too different from your dog. Society makes contributing to killing an animal completely acceptable and anonymous, others do all the messy work (breeding, raising, killing) all you as the consumer has to do is walk into a friendly, clean supermarket in the shopping mall and buy a piece of meat wrapped with a cartoon picture of a smiling cow on it."
Actor (True Detective) Woody Harrelson
"I used to eat burgers and steak, and I would just be knocked out afterward; I had to give it up. The first thing was dairy. I was about 24 years old and I had tons of acne and mucus. I met some random girl on a bus who told me to quit dairy and all those symptoms would go away three days later. By God she was right."
Lucy Nicholson / Reuters
AND THEY ARE THE CUTEST DOGS IN THE WORLD.
THIS IS SO BLATANT.
When the show Wings debuted in 1990, you probably thought it was pretty cool.
The show centered on two brothers who started a business together and a cute button-nosed blonde who works with them.
About those brothers: one, Brian, is responsible and is often seen wearing a leather bomber jacket. The other one is goofy and hilarious and wears Hawaiian shirts.
SOUND FAMILIAR?! I thought so.
According to the completely subjective opinions of us ladies.
"Aries dudes are BABIES"
"Like usually creative and seriously fun, but the kind of guy whose mom is still doing laundry for them at 25"
"bunch of whiners"
"they want everything that they want and they don't want to have to do any work for it
fun for makeouts, terrible for relationships"
"And usually super hot."
"also incredibly stubborn"
"They are rams."
"good whirlwinds maybe, they're so impulsive which feels romantic for like a day
'let's skip work and take a road trip!!!!!!!'"
"yup. i had an Aries move to NYC for me after three weeks of dating. That imploded, as you can imagine."
"Yeah. they're romantic and passionate, but they also have short attention spans so it's easy to get paranoid... rightfully paranoid!"
FOX / Via brilliantbrun3tt3us.tumblr.com
"this is a mythical 'strong and silent' type that sounds good in theory but is actually boring and bad."
"ugh they are just so boring. no charisma."
"taurus guys are loyal though"
"they can't flirt"
"Argumentative about dumb things."
"'Taurus make wonderful friends' - profile I just read. emphasis on friends"
"they kinda make your stomach churn because they're trying so hard"
"Yeah, and like just not natural"
"I feel like their priorities are all wrong, too — like they're the guys who are thinking about wanting to have kids when they're 22."
"Like they are not natural charmers"
"the Taurus I dated was reallllly into us getting married when we graduated and then he married some other girl two years after we did graduate."
"I will say Tauruses are great when they are dating one of your friends! Like you never have to worry that they are going to fuck them over."
"They are like the Bob the Builders of the human male world"
CBBC / Via picgifs.com
It’s hard to be down on the world when these guys are around.
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” -Abraham Lincoln
“No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” -Gabriel García Márquez
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Marthe Troly-Curtin
“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” -Dalai Lama XIV
Maybe we all need this today.
It's Friday and you're thinking: "I could really use a Vine of Zach King teaching his kittens how to play "Heart and Soul."
Go ahead and move on over, keyboard cat.
Oh, and if you're wondering about the boy? He's only a Vine genius.