- RSS Channel Showcase 2742498
- RSS Channel Showcase 7316736
- RSS Channel Showcase 5786716
- RSS Channel Showcase 3654070
Articles on this Page
- 05/06/14--11:13: _How Websites Today ...
- 05/06/14--15:10: _This '90s Vocal Hoo...
- 05/07/14--12:45: _Austin's Utopian Ho...
- 05/08/14--12:13: _What BuzzFeed Posts...
- 05/13/14--12:49: _26 Things That Will...
- 05/16/14--13:29: _What Guys' First Na...
- 05/16/14--14:52: _Here's What Female ...
- 05/17/14--11:39: _This Dog Raised By ...
- 05/27/14--09:44: _21 Ways Your Life I...
- 05/27/14--13:45: _What Do People Actu...
- 05/27/14--15:40: _23 Pictures That Pr...
- 05/28/14--12:56: _How Sexually Advent...
- 05/28/14--14:20: _See The Evils Of Ro...
- 06/06/14--11:27: _The 99 Best Soundtr...
- 06/10/14--13:41: _19 Things That Do N...
- 06/10/14--11:42: _For Everyone Who Is...
- 06/10/14--15:05: _24 Things No One Te...
- 06/13/14--13:52: _101 Mistakes You Sh...
- 06/16/14--09:51: _You Need This Extre...
- 06/16/14--13:55: _38 Reasons Why H.E....
- 05/06/14--11:13: How Websites Today Would Report The Monica Lewinsky Scandal
- 05/06/14--15:10: This '90s Vocal Hooks Supercut Will Make You Mega Nostalgic
- 05/07/14--12:45: Austin's Utopian Homeless Village Is Becoming A Reality
- 05/08/14--12:13: What BuzzFeed Posts Should You Read Today?
- 05/13/14--12:49: 26 Things That Will Turn Your Bad Day Around In An Instant
- 05/16/14--13:29: What Guys' First Names Say About Them
- 05/16/14--14:52: Here's What Female And Male Journalists Actually Make
- 05/17/14--11:39: This Dog Raised By Cats Will Make Your Day
- 05/27/14--09:44: 21 Ways Your Life Is Completely Ruled By Your Pets
- 05/27/14--13:45: What Do People Actually Hate About You?
- 05/27/14--15:40: 23 Pictures That Prove Punks Are Actually Total Softies
- 05/28/14--12:56: How Sexually Adventurous Is Your Brain?
- 06/06/14--11:27: The 99 Best Soundtracks Of The '90s
- 06/10/14--13:41: 19 Things That Do Not Impress Chloe The Cat
- 06/10/14--11:42: For Everyone Who Is Attracted To Littlefinger
- 06/10/14--15:05: 24 Things No One Tells You About Leaving Texas
- 06/13/14--13:52: 101 Mistakes You Should Totally Make In Your Twenties
- 06/16/14--09:51: You Need This Extremely Fashionable Dog In Your Life
- 06/16/14--13:55: 38 Reasons Why H.E.B. Is The Best Dang Grocery Store In The World
The media is talking about Monica Lewinsky today thanks to her piece in Vanity Fair . But here’s a highly scientific look at how they would have reported the original story in 1998.
Doo-doo, doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo.
Watch this delightful video and keep track of how many songs you can immediately identify.
Congratulations: you're now dizzy from the nostalgia feelings.
Austin’s 27-acre Community First Village will eventually house 250 formerly homeless and disabled people. Can they build a real “hobo’s paradise”?
The new community will feature homes — RVs, tiny cabins, and teepees — for 250 formerly homeless for rent as low as $90.
Nate Schlueter, the director of the organization's ROADS Micro-Enterprise program, explained that paying your rent is the first rule of the community. Community First isn't just a "housing project," it's a "homing project," and central to that is the sense of real ownership the community will have by being financially responsible for their homes. But Mobile Loaves & Fishes will help the community find ways to pay that rent and earn extra money, through employment opportunities both on-site and off and help with applying for disability benefits.
Summer Anne Burton for BuzzFeed
Answer these very scientific* questions to get your own personalized BuzzFeed reading list! *Sort of.
No matter how bad your mood is, bet you can’t make it through this without a smile.
First, look at this dog costume.
And this one.
Have you ever been as excited about anything as this little girl is about this train?
Or this puppy, regarding snow?
An extremely unscientific conversation. Sorry, Trevors.
"Alexs are nice. Too nice."
"I can attest to too nice."
"Oh god, Anthonys are creeps."
"Fuck an Anthony, they can get out. Meaning do not fuck them, I mean they can always go away forever."
"I think Anthony, I think sexually harassing boss."
"Anthonys are college students who date girls in high school."
"I feel like Bens are down to earth."
"OK, can we talk about B.J. and P.J.? Because I think P.J.s are super, super hot but B.J.s are gross."
"R.J. and T.J. are both horrible people."
"I like R.J. but I generally think 'not ever going to ever have a 401(k) if you're referring to yourself by initials."
"I don't like P.J. because then you are going to end up calling him Peej."
"What about A.J., though?"
"A.J.s are sweet."
"A.J.s won't take you to a nice dinner."
"Brendan vs. ..."
"Brendan = hot, Brandon = ew."
"Brendans are skinny cuties with big Ds. Brandons are boring as hell."
"Brian > Bryan."
"Bryans are just Canadian."
"Bryans have bad hair."
"Calebs are cute but too earnest."
"Carls are cute dorks and Karls are sexy boneheads."
"The only nickname as a real name I like is Charlie because Charlies are the best!"
"I love Charlies."
"Charlie is so fun to be around."
"Charlie is good."
"I find Charlies attractive but heartbreaking."
"Charlies are great."
"Chets are dirty and disrespectful."
"OMG, there is literally nothing worse than a Chet, except for a Blaise."
"Chris is a gamer."
"Chris = awful, but ChrisTOPHER is A+."
"Chrises think they know everything."
"Chrises are horndogs."
"They think pretty highly of themselves."
"But yes, Christophers are dreamy."
"But can be pretentious."
"You can take Christopher for a RIDE."
"WHAT ABOUT CHRIS MESSINA, THOUGH?"
"Here's the thing: There are exceptions. But, like, I feel like he IS probably a horndog? He's just an exceptionally attractive one, so who's complaining."
"Is there anyone worse than a Conner?"
"Yeah, fuck a Connor. NOT literally."
"Craigs are trouble."
"Craigs are the worst."
"You know what could go either way? Dans."
"Yes, Dans can be whiny but also really loyal and awesome."
"Wow, I agree. Dans are whiny and loyal and attentive."
"David = annoying and clingy and insecure."
"I found Davids to be hot and kind of douchey."
"Davids have the best butts now."
"I feel bad for Dougs."
"I don't think Dougs actually exist."
"Dougs are sad sacks."
"Doug = middle manager."
"One Doug I knew had a crush on me in high school and was super awk but then grew up to be a hot."
"OK, maybe Dougs blossom?"
"Because of Evan Dando I always thought Evan was a hot dude name."
"You know who is so hot that it's infuriating? Gabe."
"I know a skeevy Gabe."
"Eh, Gabes are soft."
"You know what the best is? Gregory."
"OMG, I just like...sighed. Audibly."
"That's like a kitten name. Meet my orange tabby, Gregory."
"Greg is not as hot."
"I've never met a Gregory, only a Greg, which is too guttural."
"Everyone wants a Gregory."
"Harry is the guy I want to date but there's just no chemistry."
"Harry = human equivalent of sheepdog."
Nearly 900 journalists (anonymously) responded to BuzzFeed’s salary survey. Men and women appear to start their media careers on the same footing, but what happens at more senior levels?
From left, in June 2011: Dean Baquet, the new executive editor of the New York Times; Jill Abramson, ousted executive editor; Bill Keller, Abramson's predecessor, who was reportedly paid more than she.
Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times via Associated Press
The abrupt firing of New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson sent waves through the media industry this week — particularly when reports surfaced that Abramson was paid less than her male predecessor, along with the suggestion that her request for pay equity may have factored into her termination. (The Times has denied this.)
Abramson's firing inspired dozens of think pieces about the pay and power gap, but few hard numbers. Do female journalists really make less? If so, how much?
To find out, BuzzFeed created a survey, which was emailed to BuzzFeed editorial staffers, as well as to former colleagues and contacts working at the biggest websites, newspapers, magazines, and broadcast networks in the country; they were asked to pass it along. The survey was anonymous and did not record respondents' names, email addresses, or employers.
Between Thursday at 3:30 p.m. and Friday at 8 a.m., nearly 900 people completed the survey. A few salaries exceeded half a million dollars; several hovered around $20,000. We did our best to remove the few responses that seemed to contain typos or obvious trolling.
The goal was to take an honest look at pay discrepancy. The sample wasn't random, and the survey is far from perfect. People who felt less satisfied with their salaries, for example, might have been more likely to complete the survey. But it's a useful step toward knowing how big the gap might be, and at what stage in our careers it widens the most.
Which makes sense, given the lack of room for negotiation. Both men and women working in New York City reported median salaries of $40,000 at the entry level. (Since cost of living varies so widely, we isolated respondents from New York City for this part of the analysis.)
Tally is a husky mix who was raised in a family full of cats. She’s recently made a splash due to her unbelievably cute cat-like antics.
Being raised in a family full of cats has given her some interesting ideas about what's fun.
And also made her exceptionally lazy.
She likes to sleep on the floor in whatever room her humans are in.
But you like it that way.
You care about your pet's happiness even more than you care about your own:
Even if they don't always appreciate it:
The truth is, your pets bring you so much joy:
Although sometimes they get in the way a little:
You probably already know what your friends and family love about you, but what do they say when you leave the room? Don’t take this quiz unless you REALLY want to know…
Punk’s not dead, but it is VERY cute. Get more punk warm fuzzies over at Nice Punks .
Check your fetish…es. NSFW language, duh.
“Using RPGs to fight evil will never work, because RPGs are evil.”
Back in 1984, fundamentalist Christian comic book publisher Jack Chick came out with "Dark Dungeons," a warning about the dangers of RPGs such as "Dungeons & Dragons."
The comic tells the story of students who get pulled into the "satanic" world of roleplaying, eventually leading them to actual death.
One of the students in the comic kills herself after her character in the game is killed.
Now, at long last, an enterprising group of filmmakers has raised the money to make a film adaptation of the comic. Here's the trailer:
My favorite part is definitely the frat house RPG chants.
Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray. Definitively ranked, for science!
When you're a teenager, soundtracks are the easiest way to discover new music. Often serving as a time capsule of a certain era and style, a great soundtrack combines a concept and theme that fits with the film while also collecting great songs you've never heard before. They are a mixtape for millions, an album diverse enough to cross over to a broader audience than any single band's album. The greatest soundtracks of the '90s were common experiences for kids who grew up with them — whether it was windows-down driving in your first car blasting the Clueless soundtrack, making out with the cutest girl at school while the Love Jones soundtrack pumped out of your stereo, dancing in your bedroom with a flashlight going off and on at two beats per minute while playing Trainspotting, or culling no less than three songs from the Reality Bites soundtrack for your crush's mixtape. Remember? Maybe this Spotify mix will help.
Rankings were determined by asking a series of questions and comparing each soundtrack on the basis of the answers... Does it hold up today? How many truly great songs are on it? How many terrible songs are on it? How good and important were the biggest singles? Does it set a certain mood and maintain a concept, like a good album should? Was the soundtrack introducing new songs and artists (as opposed to just collecting current hits)? And perhaps most importantly, how much will listening to it again make you feel young?
The Faculty (1998)
What makes it great: Primarily comprising '90s rockers covering '70s hits, which somehow works because kids of every era hate authority, and that's what most of these tunes are about.
Really the soundtrack to: Hating your parents, teachers, and all other authority figures in your life.
Most memorable song: "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)," Class of '99 (Layne Staley, Tom Morello, and Stephen Perkins). This Pink Floyd cover isn't anything to write home about, but the group of rockers assembled was legendary enough to make it seem special.
Sleeper favorite: "The Kids Aren't Alright," The Offspring. The best song on the soundtrack is an original by The Offspring, and the band's best song, period.
Low point: "School's Out," Soul Asylum. Doesn't even try to sound ANY different from the original at any point.
Meet Chloe Luella , a very good new cat who does not have time for your silly nonesense.
"Chloe, how do you feel about babies laughing?"
"Maybe you prefer puppies?"
"Don't you think it's amazing that today children have all of the information that used to be in volumes of books with the touch of their fingertips?"
"Chloe, aren't tacos the best food ever invented?"
Let’s just say it: You want a Littlefinger in the streets and a Biggerfinger in the sheets.
It's not really a secret that the actor who plays Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish on Game of Thrones is super fine.
Aidan Gillen was previously on the U.K.'s Queer as Folk and HBO's The Wire, so you've had plenty of time to recognize his foxiness.
Lucas Jackson / Reuters
But this isn't just about a pretty face, is it?
HBO / Via alwaysandforeverdaniel.tumblr.com
Lord Baelish is manipulative, untrustworthy, backstabbing, greedy, and possibly delusional.
HBO / Via petyrbaelish-littlefinger.tumblr.com
Which is exactly why you are hopelessly, shamefully, quietly lusting after his every move.
HBO / Via fyeahcreepypetyr.tumblr.com
Once you leave heaven, earth just isn’t all that.
Other ice creams will never quench your desire for this...
No one outside of Texas understands that Friday Night Lights was originally NONfiction.
High school football is forever, y'all.
You open every party fridge expecting to see this, and it's never there.
What is "Yuengling" and how do I pronounce it?
You can't find these when you're hungover.
For some inexplicable reason other mineral water just isn't the same.
101. Make friends with someone mean, and make fun of everyone else until one day you realize that they're all having more fun than the pair of you are.
100. Take a job you hate, where the bosses are unfair and the money is bad. Find your best friends in the world while working there and complaining constantly.
99. Kiss someone whose name you don't know, preferably at a dance club, preferably on the dance floor, and then never talk to them again.
98. Write extremely personal things on the internet that you'll be able to look back on in 10 years and cringe so hard your insides feel like a trash compactor.
97. "Break up" with your best friend over a really dumb fight and then realize two days later that you aren't even yourself without them and apologize to them with a series of letters and care packages nicer than anything you've ever done for a significant other.
96. Become completely obsessed with someone in a band, show up so early to their show that you have to sit on the sidewalk in the sun and then feel super lame when they show up and see you.
95. Take a job you love and then quit for a really dumb reason like "wanted to spend more time with your boyfriend," spend the entire summer chain-smoking cigarettes and buying comic books and having sex on his gross carpeted apartment floor and think, maybe once or twice, that it was totally worth the 2K you had to borrow from your parents to get by, until he breaks up with you over the phone.
94. Be so afraid to hurt someone's feelings that you refuse to break up with them but just silently sabotage the relationship until they do the breaking up, and then in the middle of them doing it become totally heartbroken and emotionally devastated and realize that humans are weird and broken little machines.
93. Laugh at someone's joke just because they're pretty.
Get with the Hwooko program and always look your best!
This chihuahua lives in Tokyo, Japan.
Her name is Hwooko.
As you can see, she owns a lot of a fabulous clothes.
Especially hats, there are a lot of good hats.
Welcome to Texas, where everything is bigger and better, especially the state's favorite grocery store: H.E.B.!!!!
If you grew up in Texas, this never failed to make you laugh out loud.
H.E.B. is a utopia where the cokes are still 25 cents.
Yes, it's H.E.B. original brand, but they are actually totally delicious.
They are probably the only U.S. grocery chain with a sign just for picante sauce.