- RSS Channel Showcase 9733793
- RSS Channel Showcase 7899658
- RSS Channel Showcase 7023080
- RSS Channel Showcase 8448167
Articles on this Page
- 12/23/12--08:54: _23 Affecting Photos...
- 12/23/12--13:01: _Gloriously Festive ...
- 12/23/12--21:06: _The 19th Cat Of Chr...
- 12/25/12--13:49: _What's Your Family'...
- 12/26/12--11:01: _The 30 Most Inspiri...
- 12/27/12--07:52: _The Love-Ers: A Hea...
- 12/27/12--08:54: _The Blessed Pangolin
- 12/27/12--09:15: _I love.
- 12/27/12--12:39: _Daring Double Kitte...
- 12/29/12--09:00: _Powerful Photograph...
- 12/29/12--11:08: _Kanye West Wore A C...
- 12/30/12--08:42: _This Kitten Has Som...
- 12/30/12--09:46: _Giraffe Fighting Ha...
- 12/31/12--10:48: _this is wonderful.
- 12/31/12--12:02: _The Year Without Esme
- 12/31/12--14:27: _Summer Anne's Favor...
- 01/02/13--08:20: _The Ten Most Popula...
- 01/02/13--09:46: _A Dog And Cat Love ...
- 01/02/13--12:28: _this is everything ...
- 01/02/13--13:25: _Erin also makes rep...
- 12/23/12--08:54: 23 Affecting Photos Of Wild Animals Getting The Help They Need
- 12/23/12--13:01: Gloriously Festive Rescue Puppies Play In The Snow
- 12/23/12--21:06: The 19th Cat Of Christmas
- 12/25/12--13:49: What's Your Family's Best-Ever Christmas Photo?
- 12/26/12--11:01: The 30 Most Inspiring Interspecies Friendships Of The Year
- 12/27/12--07:52: The Love-Ers: A Heartwarming Illustrated Story By 7-Year-Old Me
- 12/27/12--08:54: The Blessed Pangolin
- 12/27/12--09:15: I love.
- 12/27/12--12:39: Daring Double Kitten Escape
- 12/29/12--09:00: Powerful Photographs Of India Demanding Justice For Women
- 12/29/12--11:08: Kanye West Wore A Couple Weird Masks Last Night
- 12/30/12--08:42: This Kitten Has Something To Teach Us All
- 12/30/12--09:46: Giraffe Fighting Happens And It's Nuts
- 12/31/12--10:48: this is wonderful.
- 12/31/12--12:02: The Year Without Esme
- 12/31/12--14:27: Summer Anne's Favorite Buzz Of 2012
- 01/02/13--08:20: The Ten Most Popular New Year's Resolutions As Illustrated By Cats
- 01/02/13--09:46: A Dog And Cat Love Story As Told By GIFs
- 01/02/13--12:28: this is everything to me.
- 01/02/13--13:25: Erin also makes replica movie costumes for...
Photographer Annie Marie Musselman's touching series of photographs taken at Sarvey Wildlife Care Center.
This truly amazing cat is named Bert.
Submitted by Buzzfeed Animals reader Becky Berger.
Whether it's your uncle passed out under the tree or your best present ever, let's all share the classic picture that says “happy holidays” to us.
A few examples from BuzzFeed to get us started...
Lili's family coordinating.
Stacy's grandfather, two uncles, and dad.
Me and my brother receiving our first Nintendo.
2012: The year when species, great and small, finally decided that love > hate. May they be an inspiration to us all.
Once upon a time...
animals thought that they could only be friends with their own species...
Image by Carlos Jasso / Reuters, Arnulfo Franco / AP
that other kinds of animals were there to poke and prod, but never to hug and snuggle...
but a few brave animals looked on all other species as their family...
If only it were this easy. Part of our keepsake show-and-tell project, in which you should participate!
It is the first day at school! My teacher was mean.
My friend was mad at me! Oh, what a terrible day.
LOOK that boy is so cute! (said "Lenny")
The Phnom Tamao Zoo and Wildlife Rescue Center has launched a new initiative to care for pangolins injured from the wildlife trade in Cambodia. Their groundbreaking was blessed by a Buddhist monk.
God bless the pangolin.
Image by Heng Sinith / AP
I will keep you guys in my thoughts.
Image by Heng Sinith / AP
Because you are like anteaters covered in scales and that is the coolest.
Image by Heng Sinith / AP
Future stunt-kittens, you are spectacular.
A woman who was brutally gang-raped by six men on December 16th died from her injuries on Saturday. The pressure on the Indian government to be tougher on crimes against women reaches its boiling point.
Image by Rupak De Chowdhuri / Reuters
The 23-year-old student, whose name has not been released, was brutally raped by six men on the bus after seeing "Life of Pi" with a friend. After the rape and beating, she was tossed on a roadside. She died in the early morning Saturday, unable to recover from her numerous injuries.
In a statement to the Associated Press, Mount Elizabeth Hospital executive Kevin Loh said that "despite all efforts by a team of eight specialists in Mount Elizabeth Hospital to keep her stable, her condition continued to deteriorate over these two days. She had suffered from severe organ failure following serious injuries to her body and brain. She was courageous in fighting for her life for so long against the odds but the trauma to her body was too severe for her to overcome.”
Six men are in custody for their role in the attack, and they have now been charged with murder (in addition to rape and kidnapping). In this case, the Indian government has said their trial will be expedited and could begin as early as next week. Rape support organizations in India say that rape cases routinely take years to be heard in the Indian court system.
Writer Nilanjana Roy wrote a blog post early Saturday morning that this was "enough."
"Let there be an end to this epidemic of violence, this culture where if we can’t kill off our girls before they are born, we ensure that they live these lives of constant fear. Like many women in India, I rely on a layer of privilege, a network of friends, paranoid security measures and a huge dose of amnesia just to get around the city, just to travel in this country. So many more women have neither the privilege, nor the luxury of amnesia, and this week, perhaps we all stood up to say, 'Enough.' no matter how incoherently or angrily we said it."
Image by Amit Dave / Reuters
Image by Danish Siddiqui / Reuters
At a performance in Atlantic City, first he was an owl and then he was crystals. Because Kanye.
All white everything.
By Maison Martin Margiela.
“The most violent giraffe fight ever filmed” was captured by the documentary team behind Africa , which premieres Jan 8th on Discovery. WHOA.
this is wonderful. <3 buzzfeed <3
How the coolest girl in the world taught me, and an entire community, to cope with her death. And how to live.
Image by Summer Anne Burton
“Esme Barrera was” doesn’t feel like the right beginning. Esme Barrera is the biggest heart in the tiniest body. She is the kindest and most generous person I’ve ever known. When people who didn’t get the chance to know Esme started telling me they were sorry for my loss, I wanted to say, “I’m sorry for yours.” Getting to know her at all is one of the best things that ever happened to me, even more so than losing her was the worst.
Esme was – is, always – 29 years old. She was born in El Paso, Texas to a tight-knit family that she spoke about often and always with love. She moved to Austin in 2004 and immediately became an integral part of the local music community. You could find Esme in the front row of every good show, her tiny body rocking with fists up. If she knew you, she'd yell "Duuuuude!" hug you tight, and point out all the cute boys in the room. If she didn't know you, she'd be more than happy to make your acquaintance and find out what your favorite songs were.
Esme worked part-time at the best record store in Texas, Waterloo Records, starting in 2006. She was the consummate record-store gal — perfect, personal, cool but with unaffected taste in music and was always super stoked to share her latest favorite album, band, or song with the closest person who would listen.
She also worked at Casis Elementary as a teaching aide and tutor for kids with special needs. Her job was undoubtedly difficult at times, but you wouldn't have known that. She talked about her kids with a giant smile on her face. In the summer, she volunteered at Girls Rock Camp, a non-profit organization that helps girls learn to play instruments and celebrate their own rad-ness. Esme was the best fan and cheerleader ever, a virtual encouragement machine when it came to those girls and, really, everything.
Esme was going to school to get her teaching certificate and in between working two jobs, she studied like crazy. That was actually when I got to see her the most, because she liked to study at the coffee shop across from Waterloo where I worked for a couple years. She had a drink – a large soy chai with a shot of espresso – and I usually gave it to her on the house in exchange for listening to me talk about all my crushes, and vice versa. Then she’d bury herself in her reading at the corner table, wearing her signature red headphones, until it was time for her to go out and see a band. She always invited me to come do whatever she was doing with her. She was the kind of person that always wanted everyone to come along and have a good time.
If Esme sounds too good to be true, then maybe I'm beginning to do her justice.
I was and am so very stoked about all of these things.
Secretly, this headline generator is the source of every post I've written for BuzzFeed in the last three months.
It's hard work, but someone's got to do it.
One of my first BuzzFeed posts was If Mad Men Was Mad Dogs, posted during my trial weekend back in April!
It (+ my utterly charming personality) worked!
The REAL most important cat.
Our campaign to make hedgehogs the next big thing.
Tagged: hedgehogs are so hot right now.
Their relationship status on Facebook is “It's Complicated.”
Tony the cat and Penny the dog were interested in one another from the beginning.
They flirted cautiously at first.
But Penny made her move before long.
The early stages of their relationship were blissful.
this is everything to me.
Erin also makes replica movie costumes for beetles! Obviously she is better than everyone else.