- RSS Channel Showcase 8134516
- RSS Channel Showcase 8043109
- RSS Channel Showcase 3661389
- RSS Channel Showcase 1196987
Articles on this Page
- 10/19/12--11:29: _My friend Josh made...
- 10/19/12--12:18: _Gaze Into The Eyes ...
- 10/20/12--13:48: _32 Reasons Why Duck...
- 10/20/12--15:17: _10 Creative Fan-Mad...
- 10/21/12--08:51: _Five Idealistic Quo...
- 10/21/12--10:02: _Stefon Reveals His ...
- 10/21/12--11:02: _Shooting Near Brook...
- 10/23/12--00:38: _yup.
- 10/24/12--07:18: _Lil Bub Bonding Wit...
- 10/24/12--11:39: _What's The Raddest ...
- 10/24/12--12:06: _then me / now me, u...
- 10/24/12--14:58: _Pigs Trotting Aroun...
- 10/25/12--13:29: _Which Retail Chains...
- 10/26/12--07:59: _A Baby Clouded Leop...
- 10/26/12--14:42: _Tiny Baby Pygmy Goa...
- 10/27/12--11:53: _10 Ways To Stay Ent...
- 10/27/12--12:29: _Movie Cats Improves...
- 10/27/12--14:44: _GOP Rep. Roscoe Bar...
- 10/28/12--10:41: _20 People Who Are T...
- 10/28/12--12:20: _Hurricane Sandy Tex...
- 10/19/12--11:29: My friend Josh made this. RIP Big Tex.
- 10/19/12--12:18: Gaze Into The Eyes Of The Cutest Lion Cub Of All Time
- 10/20/12--13:48: 32 Reasons Why Ducklings Are Totally Underrated
- 10/20/12--15:17: 10 Creative Fan-Made Wes Anderson Posters
- 10/21/12--08:51: Five Idealistic Quotes From George McGovern
- 10/21/12--10:02: Stefon Reveals His Halloween Plans On "Saturday Night Live"
- 10/23/12--00:38: yup.
- 10/24/12--07:18: Lil Bub Bonding With Her Distant Relatives
- 10/24/12--11:39: What's The Raddest Halloween Costume You've Ever Worn?
- 10/24/12--12:06: then me / now me, unicorn edition.
- 10/24/12--14:58: Pigs Trotting Around And Playing With Pumpkins
- 10/25/12--13:29: Which Retail Chains Have The Best Employee Discount?
- 10/26/12--07:59: A Baby Clouded Leopard Carves Pumpkins
- 10/26/12--14:42: Tiny Baby Pygmy Goat Adopted Into Litter Of Puppies
- 10/27/12--11:53: 10 Ways To Stay Entertained When The Power Goes Out
- 10/27/12--12:29: Movie Cats Improves Iconic Movie Scenes By Adding Cats
- 10/27/12--14:44: GOP Rep. Roscoe Bartlett Laments Working Mothers
- 10/28/12--10:41: 20 People Who Are Totally Ready For Hurricane Sandy
- 10/28/12--12:20: Hurricane Sandy Texts From Your Mom
My friend Josh made this. RIP Big Tex.
This one-month-old white lion lives at the Leon's Zoo in Guanajuato, Mexico. He is really something else.
Oh hello there.
Image by Mexico / Reuters
Were you prepared to fall in love today?
Image by Mexico / Reuters
Image by Mexico / Reuters
Image by Mexico / Reuters
Non-mammals really get shafted in cute animal fandom. Ducklings are in the top ten cutest baby animals ever, maybe even top five. Here's why.
they have little yellow feet.
or sometimes cute orange feet
which they use to waddle cutely
or they go lay in the grass
Spoke Art presented these limited edition posters at New York Comic-Con last weekend in advance of their annual Wes Anderson art show in San Francisco.
Wes Anderson’s Happy Families Playing Cards by Max Dalton
Moonrise Kingdom by Adam Juresko
The Royal Tenenbaums by Josh Budich
The Royal Tenenbaums variant by Josh Budich
George McGovern has passed away at age 90. The former senator was earnestly devoted to liberal ideals for his entire life, even after he lost the 1972 presidential race to Richard Nixon.
Image by The Associated Press / AP
Everyone's favorite Bill Hader cultural correspondent was back last night to talk about the hottest Halloween parties. When Stefon laughs at his own joke, the world laughs with him.
A shooting at Brookfield Square Mall in Brookfield, Wisconsin has been described as a “mass casualty” situation. Update: At least three people are dead, and the suspected shooter, Radcliffe Haughton, has been found, dead from what police believe is a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Brookfield police have confirmed that multiple people have been shot near Brookfield Square Mall in Brookfield, Wisconsin, but there are no details yet about the location or status of the shooter. Multiple ambulances are at the scene and police are grouped in front of the Azana salon near the mall, where victims were seen emerging with gunshot wounds.
The police scanner indicates that the shooter may have been dressed in military fatigues and may have already fled from the scene in a black Mazda, but those details are unconfirmed.
Christopher Pfeiffer, 47, of Brookfield, said he pulled into the Barnes & Noble parking lot at the square and saw a young girl running. "She was screaming, yelling, crying hysterical. She was pleading for help. She kept saying, 'My mother was shot.' And she mentioned that there was a gunman. She ran into the bookstore and I followed her. But I watched her from afar."
CNN reports that hospital spokeswoman Nalissa Wienke says all four people in the emergency room appear to have non-critical injuries. She could not say whether the injuries were due to gunshots. Reportedly, another three victims are on their way to the hospital.
Brookfield is located 30 miles of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, where a shooting at a Sikh temple happened two months ago.
“BUB's more impressed with the acorn that just fell from the tree.” - Facebook Bub At the non-profit Exotic Feline Rescue Center .
In the comments, post a photo (or a description if you're camera-shy) of your proudest Halloween costume moment. We will choose the best submissions to be featured in a Halloween post next week!
Was it super scary?
A handmade expression of your passions?
Or something fun you did with your friends?
then me / now me, unicorn edition.
The happiest October day ever! Via the wonderland that is Farm Sanctuary .
If you're gonna hate your job, you've got to at least get something more than minimum wage out of it. For seasonal employment planning purposes, ranked from worst to best.
Employees receive no employee discount. :(
Employees receive 10% off merchandise, excluding food, cigarettes, and sale items.
10% off everything, plus free food at your shift on a semi-regular basis.
Employees get 10% off Lowe's merchandise. They can also participant in a discount program that offers a wide-range of discounts at other retail stores, restaurants, on flights and hotels, for cell phone plans, and more.
No tools, ma! This leopard lives at the Houston Zoo .
Because she is TOO SMALL to live with the rest of the goats Oh, and her name is Pipsqueak.
I can't even handle it.
As your parents used to tell you, only boring people get bored.
- A flashlight or two.
- Battery powered radio and/or a fully charged iPod.
- Water and non-perishable food so you don't die.
- If you're anticipating a power outage, invite over your friends and neighbors. Groups = more fun, less panic.
- Having a cat to snuggle with is optional, but desirable.
If you have a fireplace, use it.
Also, invite all of your friends who don't have fireplaces over if you're anticipating a power outage, otherwise you're a selfish jerk. Once there is fire, you can:
- roast marshmallows, hot dogs, your cold little toes and hands
- tell ghost stories
- see what happens when you throw various household objects into the fire*
* don't actually do this.
Finally start reading that book you've been thinking about starting to read for years now.
It's probably by either David Foster Wallace, Thomas Pynchon, or Don Delillo. Dudes are intimidating, I know, and you'll probably spend the first 50-200 pages hating it, them, me, and the English language. But once you get past the hump? Time will fly. Really!
Draw or paint.
Read this story by cartoonist Phil McAndrew for inspiration. Everyone drew pictures when they were little, so why did you ever stop? This is a great time to start again, and the darkness might actually help loosen your inhibitions. Try drawing a map of the street you grew up on, outfits you wish you knew where to find / how to make, favorite characters, scary monsters, or adorable animals.
A cat-mazing series of posters by illustrator Brian Kirk for the MovieCat app.
A Clockwork Cat
Cat In Translation
“This isn’t the politically correct thing to say, but…”
U.S. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, R-Md., voting during the primary election in Ballenger Creek, Md., Tuesday, April 3, 2012.
Image by Luis M. Alvarez / AP
Rep. Bartlett, 86, is the second-oldest member of the House of Representatives and is a founding member of the Tea Party Caucus. He has been serving Maryland's 6th congressional district since 1993, but he is on shaky ground this election since his district has been redrawn.
The Washington Post reports that despite his newfound Democratic constituents, Rep. Bartlett is is still willing to speak his mind – in front of reporters. "This isn’t the politically correct thing to say, but when we drove the mother out of the home into the workplace and replaced her with the television set, that was not a good thing," said Rep. Bartlett, speaking at a campaign stop with the owner of the Winkler Automotive Service Center.
Just last month, Bartlett apologized after comparing student loans to the holocaust.
These folks have their priorities in order.
Moms come in many varieties, but all of them want to make sure you're prepared for the frankenstorm. Add your own mom texts in the comments!
No more bananas.
Elizabeth Carey's mom got things started.
It is important
Priorities: She's Doing It Right