- RSS Channel Showcase 9804525
- RSS Channel Showcase 7768644
- RSS Channel Showcase 7050453
- RSS Channel Showcase 1122246
Articles on this Page
- 06/20/12--12:14: _What's Your Animal ...
- 06/23/12--07:40: _Adorable Ducks Help...
- 06/23/12--10:55: _One Of These (Adora...
- 06/23/12--11:05: _Excerpts From Life'...
- 06/23/12--11:16: _Simba The Lion Cub'...
- 06/23/12--14:37: _10 Of The Most Life...
- 06/23/12--16:25: _Three Hilarious "Ga...
- 06/24/12--09:34: _13 Of The Best "Lif...
- 06/24/12--10:00: _Five Unexpectedly B...
- 06/24/12--10:12: _Dachshund Puppy Ver...
- 06/24/12--13:50: _The London Olympics...
- 06/24/12--13:59: _Baby Box Turtle Eat...
- 06/24/12--14:05: _How To Walk A Human...
- 06/24/12--17:30: _The Ten Most Convin...
- 06/25/12--11:37: _Best song. BEST. SONG.
- 06/30/12--08:34: _20 Of The Most Inte...
- 06/30/12--10:43: _Iconic Images Recre...
- 06/30/12--11:51: _Justice John Robert...
- 06/30/12--12:56: _The Night Instagram...
- 06/30/12--14:22: _Meet Lil Bub, Natur...
- 06/20/12--12:14: What's Your Animal Personality Type?
- 06/23/12--07:40: Adorable Ducks Help Deliver Mail At A Nursing Home
- 06/23/12--10:55: One Of These (Adorable) Things Is Not Like The Other
- 06/23/12--11:05: Excerpts From Life's Instruction Manual
- 06/23/12--11:16: Simba The Lion Cub's Two Best Friends Are A Bunny And A Puppy
- 06/23/12--14:37: 10 Of The Most Life-Affirming Dog Rescue Stories Ever
- 06/23/12--16:25: Three Hilarious "Game Of Thrones" Political Attack Ads
- 06/24/12--09:34: 13 Of The Best "Life In Hell" Comics By Matt Groening
- 06/24/12--10:00: Five Unexpectedly Beautiful Skrillex Covers
- 06/24/12--10:12: Dachshund Puppy Versus Ghost Crab: An Epic Battle
- 06/24/12--13:50: The London Olympics Mix Tape By Danny Boyle
- 06/24/12--13:59: Baby Box Turtle Eating A Raspberry
- 06/24/12--14:05: How To Walk A Human, By Kodi The Kitty
- 06/24/12--17:30: The Ten Most Convincing Screen Tests Of All Time
- 06/25/12--11:37: Best song. BEST. SONG.
- 06/30/12--08:34: 20 Of The Most Intense Photographs From Yesterday's Storms
- 06/30/12--10:43: Iconic Images Recreated With Star Wars Figures
- 06/30/12--11:51: Justice John Roberts, Internet Icon
- 06/30/12--12:56: The Night Instagram, Netflix, And Pinterest All Went Down Together
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is an expansion of Carl Jung's ideas about personality types, expressed in one of sixteen four-letter acronyms that express your dominant traits. Although you can only officially take the test with a licensed practitioner, there are plenty of unofficial version available online. These animals took the test and the results are in!
The four letters in the Myers Briggs test represent your tendencies when it comes to social behavior, decision-making, and lifestyle. Those dichotomies are:
Worldview: Extroversion (E) or Introversion (I)
i.e. would you rather play with your pals or hang out at home with a book?
Information: Sensing (S) or Intuition (N)
i.e. when taking in something new, do you prefer to take it simply, at face value or interpret / add meaning based on your gut?
Decisions: Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
i.e. when making up your mind about something, do you primarily rely on logic and structure, or do you gravitate towards emotion and empathy?
Structure: Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)
i.e. would you rather things in your life to be decided and set, or do you like to stay open to whatever options might come along?
The experts say that you are the best equipped to identify your own type, so for a quick analysis you can just choose your side of the above questions and string together those letters for your type. Then, find the species of animal who corresponds below and see if you can relate...
INTPs are analytical and thoughtful individuals who prefer to work alone and who are often ill at ease in social situations. They are impatient with hierarchies and politics and would prefer that leaders prove their worth with merit, rather than with charisma and influence. Although they are not particularly social, they do have razor sharp wit (and claws), and are often surprised to learn that people do enjoy their company.
Dramatic, charismatic, and influential -- ESTPs seek the best in life and want to share it with their friends. They are active, spontaneous, fun, and foxy. They are the most adept of any of the personality types at influencing and manipulating people, and they make great salesman and can be wonderful friends if you're looking for a good time. Read Aesop's Fables for more information.
Peaceful and easygoing, ISFPs take things at their own pace and live moment to moment. They are considerate, pleasant, caring, and mellow. Their values are important to them, but they are not ones who particularly care about defending or debating their views publicly. Don't call them lazy -- maybe they are just more relaxed than the rest of us.
They're named “Piper and the Pipettes” and they help volunteer mailman Steve Score with his daily route at Emmanuel Nursing Home in Minnesota. And by “help,” I mean adorably waddle around and go “peep peep peep.”
He doesn't know he's different, he just wants to cuddle with his friends.
If only everything in life was as easy as is explained as those airline safety booklets. This would all have made everything a lot easier:
The interspecies friendship cute-o-meter just exploded. All the other interspecies friendships can call it quits, it's all over.
Hope For Paws is a small Los Angeles based organization that specializes in helping the abandoned dogs who are in the most desperate situations. These videos of some of their most intense rescues will make you cry that the world could be so cruel… and then restore your hope for that same world.
Fiona, a blind dog rescued from a trash pile.
Fiona: before and after.
Ralph, a severely abused pup living on scraps.
Tiny Lulu, a homeless hit and run victim.
HBO's “Game of Thrones” has always been more of a political drama than a traditional fantasy, which is what makes these political attack-style “ads” for the series so hilarious and spot-on. These shorts produced by Mother Jones do contain spoilers for season two.
Joffrey Baratheon: Where Is The Birth Certificate?
"The cost of peat moss is through the thatched roof!"
Robb Stark: The Biggest Celebrity in The North
"Send a raven to Winterfell now and tell Robb Stark to go home!"
Daenerys Targaryen: Wrong for Dragons, Wrong for the Realm
"Would you trust her with your kids?"
Simpsons' creator Matt Groenig has just announced that he's ending his iconic comic strip's 32 year run. Here are some of it's best, most truthful, and most hilarious strips:
“Dubstep” is not for everyone, and the most famous and successful musician of the genre, Skrillex, is rather famously divisive. Regardless of your feelings about the music, the sound of Skrillex's compositions played on real instruments may surprise you…
The “Slumdog Millionaire” director has been tasked with the task of directing London's 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, and his Olympics playlist was leaked to The Telegraph this week. Those Brits, they are pretty good at this whole music thing…
Some highlights from the list:
Muse - "Map Of The Problematique"
Sex Pistols - "God Save The Queen"
The Clash - "London Calling"
Monty Norman - "James Bond Theme"
Pretty much exactly what the title promises. As one YouTube commenter aptly phrased it “I like the part where he eats the raspberry.”
Further proof of the future cat world domination. I wish walking a cat was this easy!
These audition tapes from TV and movies show that first impressions do matter, and thank heavens they were such good ones. From “Star Wars” to “E.T.” to “Harry Potter,” how could it have been anyone else?
Lindsay Lohan - "The Parent Trap"
Oh, this is sad.
Steve Carrell - "Anchorman"
Mark Hamill - "Star Wars"
Is this more convincing than he is in the actual films?
Hugh Laurie - "House"
It's hard to believe this role wasn't written just for him.
Severe thunderstorms in the Eastern U.S. have left seven dead and millions without power across several states and Washington D.C. Just a hint of the countless amount of damage is captured in these frightening photographs. Nature is scary.
Clouds over Lisle, Illinois, Friday evening.
Image by Bev Horne / AP
Image by Steve Lundy / AP
Image by Christopher Hankins / AP
The 26th Annual Italian-American Festival in Canton, Ohio put a stop to rides on Friday evening as the storm passes over.
Image by BOB ROSSITER / AP
In photographer David Eger 's “Cloned Photos” project, he has recreated historical photographs, movie posters, and imagery using Clone Troopers and other Star Wars figures. This project is a “spin-off” of Eger's also awesome 365 Days of Clones series.
"Troopers Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima," based on Joe Rosenthal's photo.
"Galloping Trooper," based on film pioneer Eadweard Muybridge's "Galloping Horse."
"Vitruvian Trooper," based on the famous "Vitruvian Man" by Leonardo Da Vinci.
"Trooper vs Trooper," based on the famous photo of Muhammad Ali standing over Sonny Liston by Neil Leifer.
Roberts, appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Chief by George W. Bush, was the deciding voter in the Supreme Court's decision to uphold ObamaCare. Among many liberals, Roberts immediately became the new face of heroism. Conservatives may see him as a traitor. Thankfully, the internet did us the favor of visualizing Roberts' new place in the universe:
"Dread Pirate Roberts" (coined by Glenn Beck)
Roberts was trolling,
Power outages in northern Virginia impaired some of Amazon's cloud data centers, bringing Pinterest, Netflix, and Instagram down, all at the same time. All three sites are back online, although Instagram seems to be experiencing some lingering issues. Users headed to twitter to complain, make jokes, and try to make sense of their lives.
According to her Facebook page , Little Bub is a girl cat who was born (not bred) a “perma-kitten” and a dwarf. She has extra toes on each foot, no teeth, and she doesn't meow. Prepare to fall in love:
There could never be enough pictures of Lil Bub